What did you do over spring break? We road tripped to Daufuskie Island, SC with our extended family and spent the week at the beach. Here are our top 10 favorite moments, if you would like to see…
1. Magic hour at the beach. First up, we spent a lot of time in the sand but our favorite time was later in the day. The sun was just right, with a beverage in hand and the kids got their wiggles out before dinner.
2. Flying Kites. On a whim, I bought these kites from Amazon and they were a hit on the days when it was too cold for beaching.
3. Kayaking. One day, we took a kayaking tour with Tour Daufuskie through the low country. It was such a fun moment and a good arm workout (ha!).
4. Farm Tour. Next, we visited the Daufuskie Community Farm one morning and got a tour to learn about their mission to bring sustainable and organic farming to the island. The kids loved the animals (goats, chickens, ducks, a pig) & I loved peeking at their garden.
5. Golf. Everyone played a lot of golf. David said they were some of the most beautiful courses he has ever been on. I’m not a golfer myself (I never learned and don’t have much desire to at the moment) but I love getting outside in the sunshine and watching these kids hit balls.
6. “Bluff mud”. When the tide goes out, it creates this fluffy mud that the kids loved to roll around in. Literally.
7. Stargazing & bonfires. At night the island is so dark and you can see miles of stars! We were lucky enough to be invited to a bonfire one evening and between the stars, the tunes, and the fire, I felt like I was on a movie set.
8. Art shopping. One morning, we visited Iron Fish Art Gallery. Home to some of the coolest metal sculptures like mermaids, fish, stingrays, and crabs. We took home a woodpecker for our backyard!
9. Wildlife. There is a lot of wildlife to see. Deer, egrets, alligators, lizards, and frogs. This hawk was perched on a dock and let us come within 10 feet of him for a good look.
10. Golf cart rides. Lastly, the only way to get around the island is by golf cart. We went on fun adventures, whipping around the place on our slow but steady ride. I created a little video to recap it all. So fun!
How was your spring break? Any fun adventures to share? xoxo
PS: Car trip tips here.